In 2021, Sandia Gun club will celebrate its 75th Anniversary.
Sandia Gun Club was founded in 1946 by a group of employees at the Sandia National Laboratories and Kirtland Air Force Base. From 1946 to 9/11, the Club used the range facilities at KAFB. Since 9/11, the Club uses the Calibers Range (Cutler Location) for indoor activities and the Albuquerque City Range for outdoor activities.
The 75th Anniversary logo is a composition of the original logo used in 1946 (most of the club founders worked on projects directly or indirectly involved in atomic bomb development)
and the new logo:
On top of the mandatory 75th anniversary diamond, a man and a woman reminds us of our main shooting sport disciplines, precision pistol and smallbore/high power rifle.